Fruit lovers of course know what avocado is, but for those who actually said: ” what the hell is that avocado thing is?” I have a simple answer for you.
Avocado is kind of fruit came from Mexico. They grow it mostly in South America, Spain and Portugal(Europe) and in Vietnam, Singapour (Asia).
They have a green, brown-skinned, fleshy body that may be pear-shaped, egg-shaped, or spherical. For a taste, avocado has a creamy, rich and mild texture almost like butter. We kind of using avocado as it is, but in some of the recipe we could actually cook the avocado.
After buying avocado, you should let it ripe. Simply put it in a bag with some bananas for a few days in room temperature. You’ll know the avocado is ripe when it gives just slightly when squeezed.
After a few days it’s time to prepare our avocado.
1. Place your avocado on a chopping board, use a sharp knife and gently cut it half lengthwise around the seed.
2. Gently hold the avocado with your palm and twist it until separated.
3. Carefully chop the heel of a knife into the avocado seed. Twist the seed until it comes loose and remove. If you are bad with knife, use a spoon to scoop out the seed.
4. At this point, you could use a spoon to scoop out all of the flesh, or if you want slices, use a knife to slice through the avocado flesh without cutting through the outer skin. Don’t forget to use a lemon juice to stop the avocado turning brown.
6. If you want to store avocado or all the other fruits. simply wrap it in the plastic wrap and put it in the fridge. They should stay fresh for a day or two.
Now… Keep calm & eat your avocado!